Why is Water Important For Our Existence?
Happy World Water Day!
Water, the most important component of our being, the elixir for life, needs a day to be celebrated. Especially the way it is depleting, we must be aware of its importance and work hard on not wasting this important resource.
We are aware that more than 50% of our body is composed of water. It is very important for our existence, we must intake the required amount everyday even if we have a super busy schedule.
Various studies and reports suggest that an average adult must consume at-least 2-3 ltrs of water daily. Please do check with your doctor in case you suffer from water retention.
Let us quickly hover over few of the main benefits if drinking water.
- Flushes out waste and toxins out of our body.
- Maintains the pH balance of our body.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle by keeping v health issues like, migraine, constipation, depression, allergies, and even cardiovascular diseases etc., in check.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy and fresh and a glowing skin.
- Maintains the normal body temperature.
- Keeps our digestive system
- Helps with hair growth and help the hair become strong giving them a beautiful shine.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Helps in keeping the function of many of our body organs like, kidneys, brain, and lungs to efficient.
Together with the benefits there are also some other factors the we must keep in mind, when consuming water. Never over-consume water.
- Avoid drinking water while eating, as it may lead to indigestion.
- Avoid drinking water at-least 1 hour before going to sleep, else it will increase your night trips to the washroom and will eventually disturb your sleep cycle. It may also result in bloating and puffiness the next morning.
- Avoid drinking water with too much chili as it may disturb your tummy.
- Avoid drinking water during workouts as it may disturb the body temperature and may result in headaches, migraines, nausea or dizziness.
- Pay attention the color of your urine, clear does not mean you are hydrated , rather it means you are over-hydrated and you may lose the sodium from your body, which may result in weakness.