Poha, flattened rice, is one of the lightest, healthiest, and nutritious foods. You can have it as a snack in the evening, or in the morning, if you want to have a light breakfast.
- 3 cups Poha
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (chopped) – Optional
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Capsicum (chopped)
- 10-15 French Beans (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (optional)
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Wash the Poha in a sieve thoroughly, and keep aside as we want to remove all the excess water from the poha.
- Take a large non-stick pan, heat it, and add Olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, chopped chillies, and sauté for half a minute.
- Add thinly sliced onions and sauté till they turn pale.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now add salt, followed by chopped carrots, and beans. You can also add turmeric powder if you want.
- Add some water (½ cup), and cover the pan. Note: Turn the gas to medium.
- After 5 minutes, add chopped capsicum, and cook for another 5 minutes. Note: Capsicum is not added together with carrots and beans, as it is softer and does not require much cooking time.
- Add the washed Poha to the cooked vegetables, and mix them together using a spatula. Note: Use the cut-and-fold technique.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, and turn off the gas.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well before you transfer Poha into a serving dish.
- Serve with home-made mint and coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
You can always add or remove vegetables as per your choice. You can also add a handful of fried peanuts if you want.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
To get updates on more interesting topics, subscribe: